Why is Sleep so Important as We Age?
Are you battling insomnia?
Are you having a hard time getting a good night’s rest?
Getting a good night’s sleep is harder as we age and can lead to serious health issues, including:
- Weakened immunity
- Higher frequency of falls
- Unintentional weight gain or loss
- Higher rates of diabetes
- Greater risk for cardiac disease
- Change in temperament
It’s important to make sleep a priority because it improves your overall well-being:
- Lower risk for diseases: Getting more sleep can decrease your risk for diabetes and heart disease.
- Boost your immune system: More sleep can help your body fight off viruses and infections.
- More self-control: You’re more likely to make unhealthy lifestyle choices when you’re sleep-deprived. Finding motivation to exercise when you’re tired can be tough. On the other hand, when you’re well-rested, you’re more likely to make better decisions.
- Refresh your mind and body: Sleep gives your mind and body an opportunity to rest and restore. This can help minimize inflammation, regulate your digestive system, and allows your brain to recharge.
- Increased energy: Getting enough sleep will give you more energy. It helps you stay active and engaged with life, which further enhances how positive you feel.
Is Assisted Living the Right Choice?
Choosing the right senior home can feel like an overwhelming process, but Hillside Terrace is here to help you! We’re a family-owned senior living facility that offers many levels of care, from independent living to enhanced memory care. We pride ourselves on offering varied amenities that give our residents a home away from home.
Allow Your Loved One to Live Comfortably - Hillside Terrace Assisted Living Ann Arbor
Caregiving often comes with an immense amount of pressure and stress—stress alone commonly results in sickness and mental distress for the caregiver. Before deciding to move your elderly parent into your home, consider choosing assisted living in Ann Arbor. Hillside Terrace treats your elderly loved ones like family; they’ll get the care and attention that they deserve, and you don’t have to drastically alter your life. Give us a call at (734) 761-4451 or submit a contact form and ask about our senior living accommodations.