Signs Your Aging Parent Needs Help
Are you noticing that your parent is acting out of character?
Are you worried about leaving them alone?
Is your loved one sometimes often confused or experiencing unexplained mood changes?
No one knows your parents better than you! It’s helpful to know common warning signs that may signal trouble.
According to A Place for Mom, whether you’re visiting in person or catching up via video chat, look out for these 18 signs:
- Bounced checks, calls from collections, and late payment notices
- Broken or damaged appliances and fixtures
- Changes in mood or extreme mood swings
- Cluttered, dirty, or disorganized house
- Confusion and uncertainty when performing familiar tasks
- Feeling depressed or having little to no energy
- Wearing disheveled or tattered clothing
- Keeping expired groceries
- Improper medication management
- Leaving house or yard maintenance unattended
- Loss of interest in activities or hobbies they once enjoyed
- Missing important appointments
- Weight loss or poor dieting habits
- Poor personal hygiene
- Trouble getting up from a seated position
- Frequent injuries or bruising
- Unexplained dents or damage on their car
If you notice any of these signs, talk with your siblings and other relatives, or perhaps planning a tour at Hillside Terrace Senior Living to check out your options, can be helpful.
How do you Know When it’s Time to Make a Change?
If you notice any of the previously mentioned warning signs, moving into an assisted living community might be the best option.
Moving your loved one into an assisted living community eliminates chores and tasks that may be a source of stress or frustration. When your loved one is provided with round-the-clock care, you can rest easy.
Allow Your Loved One to Live Comfortably - Hillside Terrace Assisted Living Ann Arbor
When your aging parents move into an assisted living community, you won’t have to worry if someone is there to help get them back on their feet. If you’re interested in learning more about assisted living in Ann Arbor at Hillside Terrace or scheduling a tour, contact us today! 734-761-4451