8 Essential Questions to Ask Yourself Before Becoming a Caregiver
Are you thinking about becoming a caregiver for a senior loved one?
The truth is, being a full-time caregiver can affect your emotional, mental, and physical health. It can have unforeseen effects on your relationship with your parent as well as your relationships with others.
According to A Place for Mom, being prepared for the potential changes of caregiving means asking yourself these important questions:
- Am I financially prepared for the extra costs of caregiving?
- Am I really capable of taking care of Dad or Mom all by myself? Do I need to hire home care or consider assisted living?
- Do I have the social support and resources I’m going to need?
- How will caregiving affect my physical and mental health?
- If my parent has dementia and can no longer filter their behavior, will I be able to cope with potentially hurtful words or actions?
- Will I be able to allow myself to accept help and take breaks?
- Will I be able to cut back on work responsibilities during those times when I need to care for my parent?
- Will I be able to make time for myself and my family?
Are You Prepared to Take on This Responsibility?
At Hillside Terrace Senior Living, we treat you like family because you are family! If your senior loved one is in desperate need of assistance, you may want to consider assisted living.
Chef Prepared Meals at Hillside Terrace Senior Living
We provide your adult relatives with a variety of nutritious meals, including diabetes-friendly options. Proper nutrition goes a long way toward improving these seniors’ quality of life.
Tour Our Facility for Assisted Living in Ann Arbor: Schedule Your Tour Today!
If you’ve noticed changes in your loved one and their already a resident at Hillside Terrace, please don’t hesitate to contact our staff with your concerns. Our residents are family, and our goal is to ensure their needs are addressed quickly and completely.